Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Have a "Savage" New Year!!


Here's the finished colors for my Conan pinup.

I've warmed my color pallete up with earth tones, and warm greens.
The idea is that I wanted a creepier, "sicker" environment/mood. At the same time, I wanted a bit more graphic contrast without being to obvious...
...Compare this color to my earlier attempt...what do you think?

As for the drawing...well, there are still some things I could tweek, such as proportions. But I've got to move on to new drawings. It's not always good to grow to attached to your work, better to move on to the next batch.

Overall, I feel pretty comfortable with the design I'd like to go with for a Conan story...'wink'.

Now that 2005 is finally coming to an end, let's hope we all have a great 2006...
Happy NEW YEAR!
-T

3 comments:

.j.christopher greulich said...

Nice...the new colors give a much needed defenition. It's nice to see your work as is it is developing...it was always a treet to come downstairs to see what you were working on, ad show you my homework. I was also wondering if you got my last email, I was wondering what you thought of the art I sent you? Happy New Year!

monkeyfeather said...

I like the warm dark colour that you gave this. Your inks of course rock, you're a big reason that I moved over to the brush. Can't wait to see more. How have you been?

Anonymous said...

Nice color..,your color give a sense
of dark story behind the caracter. And
complete the composition in overall design. Good work!!